Desert Park is a year-round multi-use recreation complex, located in Osoyoos BC. and is home to a 5/8 mile dirt race track, five barns, an outdoor arena. We are dedicated to keeping the race track and other facilities open for equine activities, entertainment and recreational uses that benefit the Osoyoos community.
Barrel Racing Series
Racing returned to Desert Park in 2022! EVERYONE IS WELCOME to join us for the Run Around Buckle Barrel Racing series on the following dates:
- June 10 & 17
- July 8 & 14 & 28
- August 26
LAST Barrel race of the season is Sunday September 25th! Gates open at 12 pm; racing starts at 1 pm.
- Entrance and Parking at 3600 Golf Course Drive (The Grandstand)
- Beer Garden with Beer, Cider & Coolers
- Hotdogs, Chips, Water & Kids Treat Bags for sale
- 50/50 Draw
- Spectator Admission Fee by donation to Desert Park
- Bring chairs due to Limited Seating
- If you’re wondering what barrel racing is all about, check out this cool video!
- New event added: pole bending
- Special event and prizes for all kids in attendance!
A barrel racing competitor in action in June 2022.